Monday, June 05, 2006

You Are What You Choose

(continued from the previous post dated May 29th '06)
I told her about an anecdote I read about an old couple sitting for
hours in a restaurant holding each others frail hands while onlookers
wistfully longed for such bliss. Each of their wrinkles had a story to
tell about their travails in their life, yet they had chosen to be happy.
However, not everybody is presented with such distinct choices; at
times choosing one at the expense of another causes further
discomfiture, sometimes there's nothing to choose from!


ash - I've been slacking in writing to you off late, although my mind
is filled with ur thghts I just cudnt express them in mails for some
reason. That evening at ur lone office we spent together in a status
more than friends was indeed very special. you are one special
person that I hold close to heart. I totally agree to the story of the
old couple you mentioned, you have an amazing way of looking at
things. Really a moment is such a short amount of time in the span
of a lifetime; yet, more than anything I dream of sharing a quiet
moment alone with you. Though I feel your warmth across the
distance between us, I yearn for a moment to hold your hand, to
look into your eyes and see into your very soul, to get to know you
on a deeper level, to feel your spirit cross mine. You think this
dream I'm clinging to will ever come true?



kband - hi, been loafing around for a while here but no sign of u
yet. donno if u r caught up somewhere, or whether u'll turn up at
all today. hoping like mad that u do in another 5 mins, else i might
take another chance around 10 PM IST tonight. if all attempts of
a teta-tete fail, look forward to meeting u tomorrow, coz i hope to
be back in office sometime in the aft. so get set for another date with
your mate:)



ash - Hows it going in Dehradun? I figured the sleepy town didnt
show u signs of any cyber cafes. Hmm, just miss u around here in
my lil world, Was checking ur old mails over. I have a count of 25
so far so cheers to the silver number. Guess I need to sign up fr
more hotmail space ;)
I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that
there is or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were
the use of my creation, if I were entirely contained here? My great
miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched
and felt each from the beginning: my great thought in living is
himself. If all else perished, and HE remained, I should still continue
to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe
would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. - My
love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm
well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff
resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight,
but necessary. Nelly, I AM Heathcliff! He's always, always in my
mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to
myself, but as my own being. So don't talk of our separation again: it
is impracticable; and - 'She paused, and hid her face in the folds of
my gown; but I jerked it forcibly away. I was out of patience with
her folly!---Catherine in Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights.
Borrowed my all time favourite classic book from my niece whos
on it for a while. One of the most brutually intense love stories ever.
Such complex emotions -- unrealistic, unreasonable, and at the same
time very probable. Just like love... This piece I first read it as a kid.
Seemed pretty aimless then, but when u read it as a grown up...it
hurts...You've seen the movie on it? Ralph Fiennes delivers one of
the most powerful performances i have ever seen. I'm getting back
to books/movies. My next hit would be The Shawshank Redemption
another most poignant and perfect film. Seen or read that?
back to work...later



kband - Love or friendship?
Friendship with guys and love the gals.

Shrek or Simba?
My daughter will answer that, later.

Nicole or Julia?
Nicole is the better actress but i find Demi mo(o)re appealing.

Blue or green?
Blue, it signifies calmness without reason.

Eyes or smile?
Actually they complement each other. If looks could kill, the smile
softens u up and the eyes pierce ur heart.

Dogs or cats?
Not my pet subject. Would prefer if it rains that way and i get
stranded under a tree with u for company.

Kishore Kumar or Johnny Walker?
Can't compare apples and oranges. Johny was inimitable and
Kishore-da, though versatile, lingers on through his melodies.

Sacrifice or fight back?
Willing to give up everything for whom i care.

Pani puri or Bhel Puri?
Pani puri. Its an overwhelming experience with water streamin
down every pore and adding salinity to the hot-n-sour taste.

Ferrari or Mercedes?
Rolls Royce, love to be unique.

Reading or writing?
Reading what others say about my writing!

Juice or soda?
Soda with whiskey n ice. U can have the juice.

Listening or talking?
Wish i could talk as well as i can listen.

Sleeping or staying awake?
Dreaming, in any condition.

Roses or lilies?
Roses are more poignant, u can say it with roses like no other flowers.

Giving a hug or shaking hands?
Isn't the answer obvious?

Summer or winter?
Winter's cozy wit all the cuddlin inside blankets, but fortunately
we've got few more seasons, viz. spring - the time for nostalgia.

Hindi or English?
Make that Urdu. there's never been a sweeter language on the planet.


There u have it. But then, do u really? Coz, as i said life's not binary
and the real connoisseur revels in its multifarious hues. Don't wanna
believe me?



ash - Love or friendship?
Love is a subset of friendship. Love is friendship.
Shrek or Simba?
I have seen Shrek 8 freaking times. But obviously the ogre over the
Lion king any day.
Nicole or Julia?
Nicole Kidman…I like her attitude. Plus I think she was fantabulous
in Moulin Rouge, The Others and The Hours. I don’t care how she
looks; I simply admire the power she exudes.
Blue or green?
Blue. Anyone who loves the sky as much as I do can love no other
colour.
Eyes or smile?
Eye brows actually :-) Eyes, because they say a lot more than a
smile. A smile can be faked, but eyes are always on truth serum.
Dogs or cats?
Dogs…when I have a huge house, I’ll buy a golden brown Labrador
Retriever and call him Gobo
Kishore Kumar or Johnny Walker?
Kishore Kumar for giving me the best laughs of my life. Half Ticket
zindabad! Munnaaaaaaaa :D
Sacrifice or fight back?
Depends…
Pani Puri or Bhel Puri?
The former and only cold from the matka :-)
Jaguar or Mercedes?
Jaguar...I dream to own one someday.
Reading or writing?
reading, although writing would be a very close second. (unless we're
talking about writing research papers, in which case it's a very far
second.)
Juice or soda?
soda. I'm sadly addicted to Coke, which is happily pesticide-free in
the U.S.
Listening or talking?
I'm not too much of a talker, and I'm told I'm a good listener.
Sleeping or staying awake?
sleeping..:D
Roses or lilies?
lilies.. roses are so in-your-face-beautiful.. lilies are more subtle..
Giving a hug or shaking hands?
hug. this question assumes the other person is someone close, not a
sweaty uncle-type person you met five minutes ago..
Summer or winter?
Summer.. no fun without the sun :)
Hindi or english?
hindi.. :)


(to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home